Acer-introduces-first-ever-Intel-Core-i3-Chromebooks-700x325.jpg

Chromebooks just took a turn for the better. Acer announced its new C720 Chromebook models today, with both bearing a fourth-generation Intel Core i3 processor with varied amounts of RAM.

The Acer C720-3404 will come with 4GB of RAM and will cost $379.99 while the Acer C720-3871 will feature 2GB of RAM and cost $349.99. Both Acer C720 models will’ve 11.6-inch displays with a 1366 x 768p screen resolution. Along with these features can be added 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, as well as HDMI, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 ports. In addition, Chromebooks will be allowed to run Google apps such as Chrome (for whom the Chromebook is named) and Gmail, and a 32GB Solid State Drive (SSD) will boot the Acer C720 in seven seconds or less.

One feature many worry about with laptops of any kind is the prevalence and risk of viruses. Chromebooks feature Google services, so Google will update your apps automatically without leaving you vulnerable to viruses and malware.

Intel Mobile Platforms Group notes how groundbreaking Acer’s new C720 computers are: “Acer has been a leader in the Chromebook space and the new C720 based on 4th generation Intel Core i3 processors marks a new class of Chromebook with enhanced performance and battery life,” said Navin Shenoy, vice president and general manager of Intel Mobile Client Platforms Group. “As one of the most powerful Chromebooks on the market, the additional performance of Core i3 enables an extremely responsive experience while surfing multiple tabs of web pages. Students, families and business users will recognize the difference in how snappy the new Acer C720 is with Intel Core i3.”

Acer’s new C720-3404 and C720-3871 will both go on sale in North America this month at retailers near you.