The team in charge of the Xbox One has been attracting criticism from some buyers who believe that Microsoft is too focused on the PC at the moment and is no longer willing to give the home console the support that it needs.

But Phil Spencer, who leads the division in charge of the platform, tells IGN that he understands the economic and the sentimental investment that buyers make when they pick up an Xbox One and is determined to deliver as much value for the device as possible.
The executive adds, "I care. We actually think there is kind of a fundamental difference between the gaming experience on the PC and a gaming experience on the television. And there are certain either people or time that you decide I want to play in front of my television, I want Xbox One to be the absolutely best console experience we can create."
Phil Spencer says that he intends to make the home console the best it can be over the year, which means that gamers will get new features via firmware updates and will also receive access to a range of solid video game experiences.
The state of exclusive releases is unclear at the moment Microsoft has announced that it plans to bring its first major title of the year, Quantum Break, at the same time on the Xbox One as on PCs that run Windows 10, which has caused consternation among some players.
The company is also offering access to a free version of Forza Motorsport 6, called Apex, on the PC right now and has delivered a version of Gears of War: Ultimate.
Statements from Microsoft can also be interpreted as a sign that all future major titles for the Xbox One will also get a version for Windows 10 either at the same time or relatively soon after they arrive on the home console.
Apps and new features will also be used to create a new gaming ecosystem built around the new operating system.
Phil Spencer has also talked about the possibility of offering hardware-focused improvements for the Xbox One during its lifetime, which could be a sign that the core components of the platform will be upgraded at some point.
The statements could also be seen as a sign that HoloLens, which is currently offered for developers in a 3,000-dollar or Euro package, and other add-ons can be used to boost the capabilities of the platform.