This War of Mine, a game that seeks to offer a new perspective on warfare, has just gotten a brand new gameplay trailer, with an atmospheric score and a soulful narration to go with its gloomy overall styling.

The title, developed by Warsaw-based independent video games maker 11 bit studios, aims to challenge gamers and present an experience that is radically different from the one in traditional warfare-inspired video games such as Call of Duty or Battlefield.

The trailer foreshadows some of the scenes you will be able to experience while playing This War of Mine, grueling moments that show how much of your humanity is lost when your sole purpose is merely surviving.

Instead of glorifying combat and having you play the role of an empowered hero fighting off an army of "bad guys," This War of Mine challenges its players to step into the shoes of a couple of civilians and to survive in a besieged city.

To say that the game is uneasy would be an understatement, as the grueling moments you'll have to experience will be truly testing, challenging you with tough decisions and showing a gritty reality that often goes ignored in games that portray warfare in a cosmetic manner.

You get to live through the horrors of war, not just create them

This War of Mine takes a look at what war does to the unlisted population, casting a light from an entirely new angle, tasking you with survival in an unforgiving environment, a city under siege, where you can't trust anyone and you never know what will happen next.

During the day, snipers from rooftops will be on the lookout for targets to shoot, so you have to make sure not to leave the safety of cover. At night, you will have to scavenge for supplies and materials in nearby locations, in order to gather the necessary items required for your survival.

Instead of challenging your trigger finger, This War of Mine will challenge your conscience. You will have to make difficult decisions when it comes to the people you run into, and to the ones you are trying to shelter, in order to endure through the hardships of the merciless setting.

This War of Mine is scheduled to come out on November 14, headed to Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android. You can pre-order the game on Games Republic, and hit its Steam page to find out more.