Gamers will be pleased with the results of the delay

Battlefield Hardline might have been delayed into 2015, but the development team working on it at Visceral Games says that it is interested in establishing the title as the first in a new series of games that will run alongside the core releases that DICE is working on.

Steve Papoutsis, both the executive producer on the title and the general manager of the company, tells VG247 that his team is hoping that they will deliver a quality and engaging shooter that has a number of innovation that the fans will appreciate.

He explains that “My opinion on games in general is that we have to earn the trust and support of our players. They make the decision. Saying we’re going to make Battlefield Hardline 2 at this point is ridiculous because we don’t know if this is what people want. I believe in what the team’s doing and I see them playing the game and having fun.”

The statement will probably be annoying to at least some longtime fans of Battlefield, who have been lobbying with publisher Electronic Arts to establish Bad Company as the second continuity of the franchise.

The company has said that sales have not justified such a decision and also left the door open for a Bad Company 3 at some point in the coming years.
Battlefield Hardline is more dynamic and focused

Battelfield Hardline is the first title in the series which is designed entirely with the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 in mind, and Visceral Games says that it wants to create smaller and more focused multiplayer engagements.

The team is following the conflict between law enforcement and criminal gangs, which are at the moment both employing military grade hardware in order to create complex and layered battles.

Papoutsis also says that his team was surprised at how easily modern gamers confuse a beta experience and a classic demo.

He adds, “I guess it’s my age. My generation has a different understanding of what a beta is versus some new folks who think it’s a demo. It’s not, it’s pre-release software, it’s a portion of the game. That was the most unexpected feedback we saw from people.”

Battlefield Hardline will incorporate all the improvements that have been added to Battlefield 4 since the game was launched, and while the focus is on the multiplayer modes, the single-player story of the shooter will also be improved, with a structure based on Hollywood level movies.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Visce...y-463091.shtml