The latest God of War is packed with secrets and references to past titles and other pieces of media. However, director Cory Barlog says that fans haven't found all of the secrets that the game holds. It's not just a small thing either, as he talked about it being a relatively major Easter Egg.

One of the most notable secrets that players have discovered was the fact that players could craft what is essentially Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet for Kratos. It's a complicated ordeal, which requires doing multiple side-quests and collecting special items that are dropped by dragons, but it all ends with the player receiving one of the coolest skills in the entire game. If something that complex has already been discovered, it begs the question of how complex it must be to reveal and unlock the currently undiscovered one.

"I still think there is one thing that no one has found yet that I know for certain," Barlog told GamingBolt. He compared being able to keep a secret from fans this long to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's nuke disarmament ending, although he said it wasn't quite as meta as Hideo Kojima's hidden ending."I haven’t seen any stories about it. Now I’m not going to tell you what that is, but I don’t know if there’s any cinematics per se, it seems like people have been able to get all the permutations. Not one person, but everyone collectively."

This quote from Barlog will surely get God of War fans excited to jump back into the third-person action game. His cryptic teases will serve as a way to spark the flame within the community. Whether or not fans will be able to crack the code on the game's final secret remains to be seen, but there's no denying that they will try their best to do so.

The already found secrets of God of War have really shown how much care and craft went into every design aspect of the PlayStation 4 exclusive. It clearly was a passion project for Sony Santa Monica and director Cory Barlog has been vocal about how much the game means to him from a personal standpoint.