The coming Star Wars: Battlefront will allow players to take to the battlefield using Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Leia Organa, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Emperor Palpatine, but the development team at DICE is pushing the idea of heroes a little further by adding the Slave I and the Millenium Falcon to the line-up of special characters that gamers can become.

Both iconic ships can be obtained by getting pickups on all the Fighter Squadron maps and gamers will only control them for one spawn, with both vehicles offering better speed and improved firepower to give their controllers more survivability.
Bjorn Sundell, a designer, working on Star Wars: Battlefront, explains on the official site that the Slave I will feature ion cannons, photon torpedoes and even a jammer, which means that ships cannot be targeted by missiles and will not appear on the mini-map.
The developer adds, "Don’t be surprised if you suddenly spot multiple foes at your tail when piloting these ships. During playtests we've noticed how excited players get to be the one taking down the Millennium Falcon or Slave I. You should always keep both offence and defense in mind."
Both ships are bigger than regular ones, which makes it easier for team mates to join up with them in order to create a powerful group that can dominate a map and also has the firepower to deal with enemy Heroes.
DICE explains that is has used photogrammetry based on the archives at Lucas Film to make sure that both the Millenium Falcon and the Slave I feel authentic and has also created short intro sequences to get players in the mood when they pilot them.
Star Wars: Battlefront aims to replicate the experience of the original movie trilogy

Choosing two ships as Heroes is an interesting way to make one of the included game modes more attractive for fans, but it also represents a limitation because gamers will have a smaller pool of choices for the rest.
Star Wars: Battlefront is focused on multiplayer action, with gamers encouraged to find an experience that they like and stick with it in the long-term.
The game is less complex than Battlefield but offers plenty of depth for those who want to master the various maps and modes.
There are also Training missions that explain the core concepts and Battles where gamers will cooperate to deal with incoming enemy waves.
Gamers are already speculating that a range of other Heroes will be introduced via DLC, with DICE and Electronic Arts confirming that the title has a Season Pass without offering a clear look at what it will deliver.
Star Wars: Battlefront will be out on November 17, and gamers can play it on the PC, the Xbox One from Microsoft and the PlayStation 4 from Sony.
On December 1, those who have placed a pre-order will get the free Battle of Jakku downloadable content, which is linked to the coming The Force Awakens movie, while the rest of the player base will get it one week later.