Camilla Luddington, the actress who portrays Lara Croft in Crystal Dynamics' rebooted Tomb Raider trilogy, has revealed that her time as the iconic video game heroine might be coming to an end. Luddington has provided both the motion capture and the voice of Lara in 2013's Tomb Raider, 2015's Rise of the Tomb Raider, and 2018's Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Luddington said, "When I started, I always knew that it was going to be a trilogy, so that's how I thought of it. So I did leave thinking [Shadow of the Tomb Raider] could possibly be my last journey with Lara. But who knows!"

Luddington describes Shadow of the Tomb Raider as her favorite game in the trilogy, commenting on how her third time as Lara pushed her more emotionally and physically than the previous two games. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one of Lara's darkest chapters to date, forcing the troubled survivor through the final gauntlet that transforms her into a legendary hero.

Because of the new direction that Crystal Dynamics has taken the franchise, fans have asked for Luddington to consider portraying Lara in a live action role, either in a series or a movie. When asked if she'd ever be Lara Croft on the small or big screen, Luddington said, "I would love to. I get asked about the Alicia Vikander movie, and I joke that I would have made a very pregnant and slow Lara Croft. But yeah, I think I would love to. But I also got the chance to be a part of [these games] and this is so iconic to me that I feel like I've done my part too."

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is currently available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.