Read great classics and standalone series. Read comics set in the worlds of your favorite games, tv shows, and books. Read across the widest range of genres and tastes available in one app. Subscribe to read it all without limitation.

Pros:

• 372MB Download size.
  • Controls- Face buttons or touchscreen.
  • Two view modes- Fullscreen or border.
  • Fullscreen makes the comic easier to read as it fills the screen and you just scroll down.
  • Content filter and search.
  • Parental controls.
  • Can read or download comics.
  • Each comic has a brief synopsis.
  • My comics- Saves comics and fully customizable and manageable.
  • Progress bar for each comic.
  • Clear UI.
  • Can manually zoom in and out of the screen regardless of view settings.
  • simple to use.
  • The download is free.
  • No Nintendo online membership needed.
  • Subscription is only 5.99 a month.

Cons:

• Plain looking.
  • Only 2 view options.
  • No free version to try.
  • Small library.
  • No dark/night mode.

Summary

I don’t believe that an app like Inkypen can really be given a score in the same way that a game is, It just doesn’t fit. So Inkypen is a subscription-based comic service for Nintendo Switch. It is very basic and easy to use. Full touchscreen support is great and a progress bar for each comic means you can save where you got to. Being able to download comics mean you can do offline reading. As with all apps like this it lives and dies on its library and for me personally,y there is no real bangers to keep me going. For the kids, it has Transformers Angry Birds and Archie comics but again it is a small list of comics. Over time we will see how they plan on curating lists and adding to the service. At 5.99 for a month at the moment you only need one month. It has basic parental controls for the more grown-up comics but little else in customizing your experience. Night mode is a must as the amount of white on the screen is not cool. Inkypen is a good start and only time will tell how it will go.