PS4 price drop, The Last Guardian, release dates, what to realistically expect from Gamescom 2014

Gamescom 2014 is coming. Sony will be there and is expected to drop some interesting announcements.

Here’s a realistic look at what might happen from Aug. 13 to Aug. 17 in Cologne, Germany this year.
1. PlayStation 4 price drop

While Sony has reduced the cost or producing PS4 consoles, that doesn’t mean it’s going to announce a big price drop next month. More likely, it will announce some bundles, either for the holidays or sometime sooner.

The console is still new and selling well. There’s little reason for Sony to lower the price this early in its life. But since the Xbox One is now directly competitive with it in terms of price, it wouldn’t be surprising to see it start to add things to the box.
2. Bloodborne release date

We know that From Software’s Bloodborne is going to be at Gamescom in a big way. The developer has already shown a trailer and gave press a demo of the game, so it’s probably safe to assume the next step will be a release date and probably a trailer with it.

When will that be? I’m guessing by the end of 2015.
3. PlayStation Now release date

PlayStation Now has only recently entered open beta, and we know Sony has some things to work out with it, especially pricing.

It could announce a release date at the event, which would at least give it a deadline, but I get the feeling the service is going to be beta for a while.
4. PlayStation Vita TV release date

Sony announced that those of us in the West will get the PS Vita TV soon. It would make sense for it to bring out a release date at Gamescom when it has all the attention.
5. Demos

This might be more of a wish than a thing to expect, but I hope we get some more gameplay demos of games like The Order: 1886, Infamous: First Light, and Far Cry 4.

There’s a lot of games we aren’t getting until next year and it would help to remind us how they’re coming along.
6. More remakes!

A Gamescom leak suggested that Journey and Until Dawn will come to the PS4. This seems likely, especially since Sony has been pushing smaller games a lot on the console.

I just want a Journey photo mode.
7. The Last Guardian?

I doubt it. At this point, The Last Guardian has too many followers to be announced at something that’s not E3.