PS4 GAMES fans may have just got a new hint that one of Sony’s big 2018 exclusives could have its release date announced very soon.

While the PS4 games list featured a good mix of exclusives in 2017, fans will be hungry for more in 2018.

We already know that the likes of Shadow of the Colossus and Secret of Mana will be launching in February, 2018.

But the following month could also feature a very special game that will certainly help to liven up the early release cycle.

Sony has previously said that the likes of God of War, Spider-Man and Detroit: Beyond Human would launch in the first half of 2018.

And according to a series of PSN Store leaks, the God of War release date is set for March, 2018.

Several South American PSN Stores apparently had the listing up early, before they were changed back to a placeholder date.

The exact release date for God of War was reportedly listed as March 22, a date that will likely prove popular with fans.

It should be noted that this doesn’t come from an official announcement, meaning it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

However, if God of War is launching in March 2018, it will mean Sony will need to make a big PS4 announcement soon.

The month already has two launches confirmed, with Yakuza 6: The Song of Life arriving on March 20 and Far Cry 5 launching nearer the end of the month.

God of War will move away from Ancient Greece and into Norse mythology when the new game launches exclusively on PS4.

But according to God of War developer Sony Santa Monica, the studio was torn about where to set the new game.

Creative director Cory Barlog said that half the team wanted to pit Kratos against the pharaohs by sending him to Ancient Egypt.

"Egyptian mythology was the other one and half the team was way into that," Barlog revealed.

"All of them had great reasons. I think, for me, as I looked at both of those, Egyptian mythology is about the pharaohs as embodiments of the gods on earth and there's a lot more about civilisation – it's less isolated, less barren.

"I think at this time, we really wanted to focus on Kratos. Having too much around distracts from that central theme of a stranger in a strange land."

The God of War developer also revealed more about the Norse setting, and explained why they didn't put any Norse gods into the original E3 stage demo.

"We've actually moved away from Greece and Kratos has kind of wandered," Barlog continued. "We are parsing it as the time in which the vikings spoke of their gods walking the earth.

"So it's not in the era where the vikings are around, we're predating them by a considerable amount of time."