Howdy to all you heisters out there! I decided after my initial Payday 2 CrimeFest post that I should update the community on where we’re at! So last time, the Payday 2 community was just short of 1,000,000 players and we were given 3 months roughly to gain 500,000 more! A rather large and daunting task, one I didn’t believe was possible, I am, however, beginning to change my tune on that.

So before I delve into the possibilities of Overkill reaching this 1.5 million milestone, let’s look at what the community has so far unlocked!

The Judge Shotgun & Money Bundle melee weapon. These 2 items are incredibly funny, the Judge is actually more of a revolver/hand-cannon but christ does it do the job! The money bundle weapon, although rather ineffective (I believe it does the least amount of damage of any melee weapon), is possibly the most hilarious weapon I’ve used since some of the crazy items gamers have come to love in Borderlands! What’s more is that as you can tell from what I’ve said, these items have already been released to the community.
Maybe not as interesting for some, but the original Payday will now be FREE to download during CrimeFest on October 18th. As a long time fan I’ve got to say, this game does have some awesome heists and although Payday 2 improved upon a lot of the game, it’ll be fun to see the original come back into the limelight a bit.

Bain is giving away a Mask! One can only speculate as to what the mask will be, but if it’s another goddamn President I’ll be slightly upset. That being said however, free goodies are always fun.
A brand new Heist is available and it’s FREE! The goal of the heist is simple – break out Old Hoxton, I understand that might be confusing to fans who aren’t sure who Old Hoxton is, but hey it’s a new heist so who can argue with that?
After that breakout heist you’re now able to play as Old Hoxton. Granted this is more of a repayment to long time fans but it’s still a nice little addition to an already awesome game!

That’s everything that’s to be unlocked (but not necessarily introduced just yet) for the game, but there’s still 6 more milestones to reach, meaning that there’s a total of 300,000 left to go!

So let’s return to our old friend Maths (YAY!… again) to see if 1,500,000 is possible! So last time I figured out that Overkill would need to double their average growth from release until the announcement of CrimeFest in order to achieve 500,000 more players. Well it’s nearly been 1 month and the community has grown by 200,000 which is A LOT, that’s roughly 50,000 people per week! Now there are about 10 weeks left until CrimeFest is upon us, if the community were to continue at this amazing rate then reaching an extra 300,000 should be no problem. With 10 weeks and 300,000 to go the average must be at least 30,000 from this point on.

It certainly seems possible that we can reach such a goal and I’ll be glad to see what that secret unlock is at the very end of this yellow brick road. Now I will be giving more updates on CrimeFest from this point as some of these later unlocks are a lot more interesting (personally), but also, if you can’t wait a few weeks for an update then come back here on Wednesday when the unknown Overkill countdown will be revealed!