It seems that some of Overwatch’s biggest stars are abandoning the game.

Dafran, whose real name is Daniel Francesca, had previously played for now-defunct esports org Selfless, prior to the foundation of the Overwatch League, before walking away to become a streamer.

Despite being a controversial figure in the community, known for trolling his fans, Dafran was signed to new OWL squad Atlanta Reign in anticipation of season 2, but has now announced via a tweet that he is not only walking away from the squad but also the game.

Francesca’s tweet reads: “The end. I hate the game. Thought I could love it again and have passion but its impossible, I always end up soft throwing. Contract ended, Overwatch uninstalled, Mcdonalds here I come. For real though thanks for everything u have given me OW Community.”

Although Dafran has been known to mislead his fans, a statement from caster Andrew Rush, suggests that the announcement is legitimate. Atlanta Reign has yet to address the situation.

Many streamers including xQc have been openly critical of the current Overwatch meta-game, which heavily favors GOATS compositions (3-tank, 3-support) as well as over-powered DPS hero Doomfist. The potential for titled games has gotten so bad that rookie Overwatch player and Fortnite Twitch-streamer TimTheTatman resorted to desperately messaging Lengyel on Twitch during a stream to ask how he copes with playing the game day after day.

“xQc, you can like clip this and show him: xQc, how you go through that every day of your life, I do not know my friend,” said Timothy ‘TimTheTatman’ Betar, during his stream.

“Nothing but love to you, God bless, that is so unbelievably bad to play against, you can’t even play, you can’t even play the video game it’s so bad.”