starfoxpromo_2D00_610.jpg

Dylan Cuthbert began his career at Argonaut Software where he worked on Star Fox and its unreleased sequel Star Fox 2. Since then, Cuthbert founded Q-Games and made the Pixeljunk series, Star Fox 64 3DS, and The Tomorrow Children. The designer recently participated in a Reddit AMA; Star Fox came up a lot.

When asked if he was working on any new games for Nintendo's new console, Cuthbert responded, "I would love to and I have a few quite original ideas to try out for that style of gaming, but we aren't developing anything yet." Cuthbert also said that he'd be interested in working on a new Star Fox game if Nintendo was interested in the project, but he made it clear that a project like that isn't currently in the works.

Cuthbert also provided some interesting insight into the original inspiration behind the Arwing walker mode mechanic in Star Fox 2. "I think it's just that we all grew up with Transformers/Gundam and transforming robots and it seemed a natural fit," says Cuthbert. "We also wanted to experiment with foot-based gameplay and a lot of our initial experiments were platform-gamer based (of course back then 3d platform games didn't exist so these early experiments were to prove for Miyamoto that something like Mario 64 could be made). This was all back in 1993 immediately after launching Star Fox."

source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...he-switch.aspx