The Nintendo Switch is off to a hot start, it seems. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told The New York Times reporter Nick Wingfield this week that initial sales (for March 3 and 4) in the Americas exceeded the first two-day sales in the region for any system in the company's history.

The next closest was the Wii, which ended up being a massive hit, selling more than 100 million systems worldwide to date.

Fils-Aime added that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the best-selling standalone launch title for a Nintendo platform ever. He did not share a specific unit sales number, though it outperformed Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64.

Wii Sports for the Wii surely did better than Super Mario 64 or Breath of the Wild, as it was bundled with console, but this statistic is for non-bundled titles. The Switch has no bundled games.

Nintendo has made a big effort to push the Switch, as it aired a commercial for the console during this year's Super Bowl and even recruited John Cena to promote it.

The Nintendo Switch also did well in Europe over its launch weekend. According to MCV, the console sold "more units in its launch weekend than any other piece of Nintendo hardware in the company's history." Like in the Americas, Breath of the Wild is now the best-selling Nintendo launch title in Europe ever for Nintendo. It even outsold Wii Sports, MCV said.

In France, the Switch sold 105,000 units at launch, outpacing the Wii, according to LeFigaro.

source: gamespot

lets hope the best for nintendos new console as i doubt that their games will be as good as they are as first party titles.
even as the wiiu failed the first party titles are a good reason to own the console.

I guess i will wait till the new mario odessey game will be released, which should come out in holiday season ...