Despite the ongoing drama between Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and publisher Konami, Electronic Arts COO Peter Moore doesn't think this will be the end of their relationship.

When asked by GameSpot whether or not EA would be interested in working with Kojima in the event he does sever ties with Konami, Moore replied: "I've always liked Kojima-san. I got on with him during my days at Microsoft. I just think... what's going on there... I just think both of them should kiss and make up.

"From my experience, and I've spent a lot of time working in Japan, I think that Konami and Kojima will figure it out. Those kinds of business relationships [in Japan] are typically for life, and Kojima is such an important part in what has gone on there."

Moore went on to point out that clashing over budgets and release schedules is something that affects many large-scale projects, and isn't something exclusive to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's development.

"Clearly, Kojima and Konami are at a rocky stage in their marriage, but you could take what is said about [Kojima Productions], about a game not adhering to budgets, about a game not being ready, and you could apply that to a lot of people," Moore added.

In the end, the EA boss believes Kojima and Konami will be able to reconcile and continue their close working relationship, saying, "they'll kiss and make up. They'll be fine."