Sony has announced a partnership with Kojima Productions, Hideo Kojima's new independent development studio, which will create a new console exclusive game for PlayStation platforms.

Check out the company's new logo below, and come back to IGN on Wednesday, December 16 at 3:00 PM Pacific / Thursday December 17 at 8:00 AM Japan Time for an interview with Kojima to learn more details about his new studio.

Kojima's contract with Konami terminated today, December 15. He wrote on Twitter, "My employment contract with Konami has been terminated as of Dec 15th, so today marks a new start for me. I'm committed to be involved in creative activities for as long as I live."

Kojima Productions announced, "the studio will begin focusing its efforts in developing products that will push the boundaries in innovation and ignite consumer interest worldwide." The studio's website is now live and has numerous job listings.

Speculation out of Japan earlier today asserted that Kojima was indeed officially out of Konami, ready to open a new studio, and partnering with Sony.