The first footage of League of Legends’ upcoming reworks for two of its champions has been revealed. Kayle and Morgana have both been in line for reworks for a while now, but a new trailer has shown off their new looks.

The trailer, which you can check out towards the bottom of this article, made an early appearance at Weibo.com (via Surrenderat20) before the official English upload. The description underneath that video doesn’t offer much information, just that “Two sisters born from the Aspect of Justice chose divergent paths. Only the guilty need fear them.”

That speaks to the characters’ lore, in which Kayle took a far more righteous path than her sister. The trailer shows off some similar, but very much updated visual appearances for the new characters, as well as showing off the elements of their kits that will have changed. It looks as though Kayle will now have a line-based skillshot, as well as a change to the AoE affect which is currently attached to her E, Righteous Fury – that now looks a little more like the effect attached to Titanic Hydra.

I can’t tell what’s happening to her other abilities, however. What initially looked like her ult may be more of a temporary buff, and later in the trailer she dropped a whole bunch of swords on an unfortunate Lucian, which suggests she may now have a much more aggressive set of abilities than before.

When it comes to Morgana, it looks as though most of her kit is still in place. Dark Binding, Black Shield, and Tormented Soil are all still present from what I can see, but her ultimate does look as though it’ll have changed a bit.

We don’t have a date for the reworks just yet, but the arrival of this gameplay footage suggests that we’re likely to see the new versions of the characters pretty soon – I’d say patch 9.5 or 9.6. That’s also pretty likely to coincide with a new faction event for the pair.

The reworks were first mentioned in a roadmap in August, but more recent announcements have revealed a whimsical new support and a long-awaited Mordekaiser rework, suggesting that Riot is getting off to a busy start in 2019 when it comes to reworking some of our old favourites.