Haley Joel Osment, the voice of actor for Sora in the Kingdom Hearts series has confirmed he will voice Sora in Kingdom Hearts 3. Speaking with entertainment website IGN at this years San Diego Comic-Con, he was asked if he had done any voice recording for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Osment had short but positive things to say.

Having been only 13 when he recorded for the first Kingdom Hearts title, Haley Joel Osment is optimistic about the future of the franchise and where its heading. Back in January he sat down with zap2it where he expressed his enthusiasm for the franchise and hoping he would be involved.

Zap2it: Now, one last question – I’m going to nerd out a little on you but – you’ve been involved in the Kingdom Hearts franchise for a really long time, and people are excited about Kingdom Hearts 3 finally coming out.

HJO: Right.

Zap2it: Can you talk a little bit about that? Have you seen the script or anything?

HJO: I saw the announcement and then talked a little bit with them on the phone, because the process is, I started doing Kingdom Hearts in 2001, and there’s the main series and there’s the Gameboy one… I feel like I’ve done seven or eight installments, which is awesome. But with this, they’re making it now and the recording of the dialogue is one of the last parts of the process, so probably this summer or later is the soonest.

Zap2it: But we’re happy to have you back for Sora.

HJO: Oh sure! That’s what I hear. Sometimes Sora goes back to being a child or goes to another universe or changes into somebody else so you can never say for sure, but hopefully I’ll be back.

Fast forward to Comic-Con 2014 where IGN briefly interviewed him about any recent changes or confirmations and he had this to say,

IGN: Have you done anything for Kingdom Hearts III yet? Anything you can share?

HJO: I am not allowed to share– every time, we’ve done a couple of installments, I am on paper not allowed to share anything about it. But I know Kingdom Hearts fans are really loyal and dedicated and they will not be disappointed when we get around to whatever is in the future.

It appears that Haley Joel Osment knows more than we do and that could be a clear confirmation that he’s already involved with Kingdom Hearts 3 but isn’t allowed to share due to his contract.