When Grand Theft Auto V was first released to current gen consoles last year, you could forgive online retailers for accidentally also listing the game for PC. After all, it’s what a lot of gamers wanted to happen, just not at the same time as the console releases as has been the case for the past few entries in the series.
But GTA V has been available on store shelves for four months now, and today a fresh listing of the game on PC appeared on two of Amazon’s sites. Both Amazon Germany and Amazon France put up a listing for the game without a release date.
You have to wonder what triggered those listings to go live? I think everyone expects a PC version of the game to appear, and I also think it will happen in conjunction with a PS4 and Xbox One version being released. Maybe the sales channels got new information about that release this week, and somehow it managed to filter down and on to Amazon.

As of right now, the Amazon France listing has been removed, but the German version remains. I expect it to disappear, but not for long. Surely the PC release is going to happen before the gaming lull that occurs over the summer? If not, then Rockstar has decided to make PC gamers wait a whole year for the game, as the next release window for a title is September.
Typically a PC release of a GTA game has no impact on console gamers, but that may be different this time. GTA V ships with access to GTA Online, and there’s a good chance Rockstar may try and combine the player bases across consoles and PC. If that does happen, we can expect access to GTA Online to be a bit hit and miss come PC/PS4/Xbox One release day.