Popular video game Grand Theft Auto V could be making its way to Nintendo Switch . The action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games has garnered a cult following, ramping up the success that the franchise has been enjoying since it was first released in 2008. The latest iteration in the game series, which was rolled-out in 2013, takes players to the fictional location of Los Santos, San Andreas state of San Andreas, where every gamer can live out their best (or worst) thieving dreams.

Almost seven months in since Nintendo released its newest console, and it seems that it was able to maintain clamor for the device by delivering what they have always promised the device to be — a gaming platform that can be used at any given time and place. The Japanese conglomerate has also alleviated any doubts on the possible shortage of content as games, both big budgeted, as well as, indie ones , continue to be available on Switch and GTA5 could potentially be one of them really soon.

A user on NeoGAF (via Nintendo Life ) with the handle Vern has recently come out with a pretty exciting rumor for both Grand Theft Auto and Switch fans. He claims that he got a tip from a reliable source that the video game may finally be busting its way to the hybrid console. His lengthy post, which you can read below, is a supplementary explanation to his earlier insinuation that GTA5 could be coming soon to Switch:

“Been sitting on this cuz I’m not sure it’s really worthy of a post (because I lack the most important details) but f*** it, why not…heard awhile back more from R* is in development, from my most reliable source, but wouldn’t confirm what or when. Essentially was told it shouldn’t be a surprise what title it is. I personally fully expect a GTA title (whatever it may be) because it makes sense since you see everyone clamoring for it in every damn thread, and it’s the biggest game on Earth. Now watch this post get turned into Youtube videos and GoNintendo news articles again, when I said nothing at all of actual substance. For real this is in no way confirming a GTAV port is coming, it’s just my solid as f*** source giving me some info and my own educated guessing. Probably shouldn’t have said anything because I have nothing, and in 6 months or a year when another R* title gets announced I can claim I was right. So just ignore what I said somehow. I blew it.”

Obviously, with the internet populated with rumors and big tips from supposed reliable insiders, some are understandably skeptical of the news. But given Vern’s track record, others are pretty convinced. This is of course, on top of the logical fact that a partnership between Rockstar Games and Nintendo for Switch to house GTA5 is a win-win situation for both parties and an even bigger win for fans who are already thrilled at the thought of being able to play the title on-the-go. You can remember that back in January, Vern broke out the news that L.A. Noire is coming to the Nintendo console which eventually came to fruition. He also correctly predicted the recent Nintendo Direct Date, proving that he does have some pretty solid tipsters.
However, before we all get too hyped-up about the presented possibility and despite Vern’s track record, let’s once again reiterate that this is by no means a confirmation — the user himself has reiterated that in his post. Shall this rumor holds any merit and turns into reality, then that’s obviously great. But in the meantime, it’s for the best to just wait for the official announcement that GTAV is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch.