Geomerics Founder On Xbox One eSRAM: I’d Be Wary of Rushing to Snap Judgments About The New Hardware

Unless you are living under the rock, the Xbox One’s eSRAM has been subject to much debate and controversy regarding it’s inability to render 1080p resolution. Several developers in the past have been critical about their experience working on the Xbox One with one notable developer straightforward stating that Microsoft cheaped out on the RAM. GamingBolt got in touch with Chris Doran who is the founder of Geomerics, a middleware company working closely on the PS4 and Xbox One. When we raised the question about eSRAM, Chris stated that it’s too early to pass a judgment about the new consoles.

“I’d be wary of rushing to snap judgments about the new hardware. You cannot really say anything until the first games are out and consumers have got their hands on both devices,” he said to GamingBolt.

“From what we are seeing both PS4 and Xbox One are well thought out pieces of kit, and consumers are having a hard time choosing between them. Both have similar features, but both also have their unique points, which is great for choice. The important thing is that they have re-invigorated the console space. I remember having discussions with investors who were convinced that the console market was dead. It’s great seeing them proved so dramatically wrong!”

Geomerics’s lighting middleware, Enlighten is being used in several upcoming games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Star Wars Battlefront and Mirrors Edge.