After “Grand Theft Auto V” literally made a billion dollars last week, what can this week’s slate of new games do for an encore?

Well, probably not quite as well, but if you’re ready for some football—and by that, I really mean soccer—you might be headed to your local game store again this Tuesday. Two competing franchises in the world’s most popular sport will once again go head-to-head on the same release day, and both should do their fair share of sales.

If you’re not a soccer fan, there are a couple of interesting options out there for you too. Let’s see what’s on the slate for the week ahead:

“FIFA 14″ (PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, PS2, Wii) – September 24

This is one of those games that really needs no introduction, but I’m obligated to write about it anyway. “FIFA 14″ has more licensed teams than ever, multiple gameplay improvements, plus more additions to Football Ultimate Team. In short, it’s soccer heaven.

What it doesn’t have is an Arsenal player on the cover. As a supporter of the Gunners, I feel that should change. Maybe Ozil next year, eh EA?

“Pro Evolution Soccer 2014″ (PS3, Xbox 360) – September 24

You’ve got to hand it to Konami. Up against the top-selling sports game in the world, it would be easy to throw in the towel. But the company keeps after it with the “PES” series, and there’s no question the competition is good for gamers.

Some people prefer the “PES” games, and maybe they’ll be further convinced by the improvements the 2014 edition is bringing to the table. These include multiple things with capital letters involved: TrueBall Tech, TeamPlay, M.A.S.S., etc. I’m not sure if that makes the game better or not, but it looks cool.

“Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure” (Wii U, PC, 3DS) – September 24

I get the feeling that some people think the “Scribblenauts” formula is wearing thin. But if you’re a fan of the DC Universe, you owe it to yourself to check out this iteration, because it’s a treasure trove of comic book goodness.

I had a chance to tinker with it myself at E3 earlier this year, and the number of characters the game recognizes is truly impressive. Just trying to stump it is fun, and the more open-ended gameplay promises to shake things up a bit in a good way. Don’t sleep on this one Wii U owners.

“Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Apocalypse” DLC (PS3, PC) – September 26

One of my best friends reacted with some amusement because he was playing “GTA V” this past week and got an invite from someone who wanted him to jump into a game of “Black Ops II.” He promptly ignored it, but it goes to show that some people are still enjoying the game 10 months after it first released.

But to paraphrase the great Jim Morrison, this is the end for DLC for this title. Have fun with the maps, zombies, and everything else, because no more is coming.

Also on sale this week: “Alien Rage” (PC) – September 24; “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” (PS3) – September 24; “Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi” (3DS) – September 24; “Rise of Venice” (PC) – September 27; “Deadfall Adventures” (Xbox 360, PC) – September 27