Just before Fortnite Season 6 kicked off, we saw the mysterious cube summoned in Season 5 melt into Loot Lake. Shortly after, it returned, taking the house at the center of Loot Lake on a magic carpet ride all over Fortnite's map on a cyclonic floating island. Over the last three weeks, the island has visited the corrupted areas on the map, previously printed by the cube, and 'activated' them. The process pulls the rune into the air and unearths volcanic craters that spew out mostly harmless bouncy lava. (Yes, I'm still talking about Fortnite).

Having just activated the last rune, the cube carrying the island is now emitting purple lightning and a noise nearly identical to the purple lightning that summoned the cube in the first place. Small streaks are also moving towards the top of the island.

Having failed to predict most of the past changes that came to Fortnite off the back of in-game events, I have literally no clue what to expect whenever the island does what it does. We know the tagline for this season is "Darkness rises" so I'd expect more darkness to do exactly that, especially seeing that it's Halloween season and most of the Season 6 battle pass items echo the spooky vibe Epic is going all in on.

There's no easy way to tell how long it'll take until something (if anything) goes down, but we'll be sure to keep an eye on it and update this story as soon as we find out more.