Former Sony Computer Entertainment of America President and CEO Jack Tretton will return to E3 this year, but he won’t be speaking for Sony. Instead, Tretton will join Spike TV’s All Access coverage as a special correspondent.

Tretton, who has hosted Sony’s E3 press conference a number of times including last year, will provide commentary and analysis for the big E3 press conferences this year along with Spike TV’s All Access host Geoff Keighley, who first revealed Tretton’s involvement via Twitter.

"Since I dropped the mic last year on Spike I thought it was only appropriate to pick it back up for E3 this year!” Tretton told Kotaku in a statement. “I've been to every E3 but this year I'm excited to see the show through a different lens with the team at Spike. I'll be watching the news and announcements unfold alongside the fans and the rest of the industry, and I can't wait to see the new games that everyone is bringing to the table."

Tretton, who worked at Activision before coming to Sony, left SCEA at the end of March in what was described as a "mutual agreement" between the two parties. He had been at SCEA since 1995, working on the North American launch of every PlayStation platform since the original. Earlier this week we reported that he joined the advisory board of Genotaur, an artificial intelligence development company.

The E3 2014 show floor opens its doors on the morning of June 10, but Microsoft, Sony, Electronic Arts, and Ubisoft will hold their press conferences the day prior. GameSpot has compiled a roundup of dates and times for the main press conferences and other events happening during this year's show.