Some developers revel in the idea of creating a title that will cause gamers to gasp in shock and horror and though most experienced gamers are now probably desensitized to this, there was a time when such images like the torture scene in GTA V would have been far too much for any sane minded player to take. So what was the first game you ever played that truly questioned your morality compass?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Airport Massacre Scene

The Call of Duty games have always been titles known for pushing the envelope of shock tactics, but when I played Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I was truly affected by the massacre scene at the airport when I had to gun down all those innocent civilians.

The idea of just blazing these people down though I knew it was computer generated AI's just didn't sit well with me. The scene was very powerful and obviously intended to shock gamers to the core but as I participated in this contemptible act, I couldn't help but question who these innocent people were.

What were their hopes and dreams for the future right up to this point. Where they Mothers and Fathers. Who was waiting for them on the other side of their final destination. Who would spend the next couple of years mourning their loss and asking why their loved ones had to die for no reason.

I know this may sound a little much to consider since this is a game after all, but these were the thoughts that ran through my mind way after I had completed the game. We see and hear of such awful acts of violence and hate being done in real life that to experience just a small fraction of this even in a game was just too disturbing for me to take. I just couldn't imagine who could walk into a school, airport or public crowded area to cause such chaos and loss to human life and it was that thought that truly shocked me to the core.

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments and tell us what game you first played that shocked you.