Square Enix has left two of its biggest PS4 and Xbox One games off its E3 2014 lineup. Producer Shinji Hashimoto revealed in a new interview that they won't be bringing role-playing games Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy 15 to the convention.

The games' absence at E3 isn't due to any sort of crisis. Hashimoto told Famitsu (translated by SQEx.info that Final Fantasy 15's development is "going well" and that they're "working diligently" on Kingdom Hearts 3. However, they're not ready to show off the games just yet.

"I think releasing new information [on KH3] will still take some time," Hashimoto said. "We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out."

Here's the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX trailer he's referencing in case you missed it. The story teaser for KH3 starts at the 2:30 mark:

Square Enix has released no such teaser for Final Fantasy 15. Hashimoto simply says that the time isn't right to present new details.

"Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans," Hashimoto told "So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV. Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014."

"I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I’m looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then."

He could be talking about later gaming conventions like Gamescom in August or Tokyo Game Show the following month. Or maybe Square Enix won't be waiting for a convention. They could host their own press event. Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are certainly large enough to command attention on their own.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 were both announced at E3 2013 for the PS4 and Xbox One. In KH3, players team up with Disney characters like Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse to defeat the evil Master Xehanort. Final Fantasy 15 follows a prince and his friends as they defend a powerful crystal from falling into the wrong hands. There's a lot of hype for each game because they're the first chapters in either series being developed exclusively for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Square Enix hasn't announced a release date for either game yet. It's possible they'll at least give us a ballpark estimate the next time they present these titles, though.