A new Fallout 76 patch (1.0.3.10) arrived today and is now live. The 1.87 GB patch brings a bunch of changes players have been clamoring for since the beta, like a push-to-talk button (the default is Caps Lock, but it can be remapped), sliders for Field of View and Depth of Field settings, and support for ultrawidescreen displays.

I tested the FoV slider, and happily you can actually change it without having to restart the game. It's still a bit weird: I'm used to seeing a difference in the player model in first-person perspective—with a higher FoV, you can usually see more of the your arm and your gun. That's not the case here: the proximity of your arm and gun doesn't change at all, even as the view of the world around you drastically does.

Also note: my rifle's recon scope (shown above) gets completely messed up at the lowest FoV setting (which is 70, while the max is 120). It zooms in so close you'd think it was a microscope, and I think it might also be completely inverted. It's hard to tell, though it seems okay at other settings. I suspect we may see some more tweaking of the FoV slider in the near future.

There are improvements to camps as well. When placing objects, small obstructions will vanish if they're in the way of what you're building, similarly to how it works at public workshops. If you log in to a server and someone has an existing camp where yours is, you'll be notified and given the choice to join a different server. This will be handy for the Whitespring camp crowd, since it's an extremely popular building area.

A limited respec feature has also been added. At level 51, you may now choose to redistribute a SPECIAL point rather than picking a new perk card. It's not a retroactive change: if you're level 71, for instance, you can't redistribute your last 20 points, only the points for levels gained in the future.

Great news: Evan, an enemy players needed to kill to finish a main quest, will no longer appear already dead. Fantastic. It took me three server hops to find one where that bastard was still actually alive so I could kill him.

Some other notable changes: the recently added AFK timer will boot you after 30 minutes, rather than 10, with a three minute warning. XP rewards for some quests have been lowered, and you'll no longer gain XP from crafting items while at a public workshop (probably because you're given additional crafting resources).

Also, .308 ammo drops from enemies have been greatly reduced, to which I say booo. I mean, I get it, they drop a ton of .308, but still: boooo. Super mutants will no longer drop as much gunpowder as they do, which also stinks because now I'm going to have to craft a lot more .308 ammo. Oh, well. Time to find a new gun, I think.

There's a whole host of other changes, fixes, and tweaks, and you can read the full patch notes here. Previous patch notes for Fallout 76 can be seen on the following pages.

One final note: upon completing the Feed The People event, which required powering up and stocking a bunch of food processing equipment, everyone on the server (not just those participating in the event) was rewarded with a can of stew. The notes for today's Fallout 76 patch reveal this was a bug, not a feature, and the only ones who will receive canned stew from now on will be event participants. Funny! I thought the reward was intended to feed everyone on the server. You know, feed the people? I guess not.