Dark Souls 3 PC System Requirements Revealed

Dark Souls 3′s product page on Steam has been updated with ‘Minimum’ and ‘Recommended’ system requirements for the game’s PC version. The game will take up a total of 50 GB of hard drive space, so be sure to free storage space in time for its release on April 12, 2016.

The system requirements for the PC version of Dark Souls 3 can be seen below.

MINIMUM

OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
Processor: AMD® A8 3870 3,6 Ghz or Intel® Core TM i3 2100 3.1Ghz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 465 / ATI Radeon TM HD 6870
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

RECOMMENDED

OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
Processor: AMD® FX 8150 3.6 GHz or Intel® CoreTM i7 2600 3.4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750, ATI RadeonTM HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

These requirements appear to be roughly the same as those of the PC version of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. Given that the latter was primarily a last generation title, the hardware requirements for Dark Souls 3 are quite tame and anyone with a half-decent gaming rig should be able to breeze through the game running at its highest preset.

The minimum supported GPUs merely have 1 GB of video memory, which is likely to be enough to run the game on moderate settings. In addition, the Intel i3 processor listed here is often used in budget builds. Meanwhile, a minimum of 8 GB of RAM is required to play the PC version of Dark Souls 3.

All in all, these PC system requirements are pretty modest, especially compared to other modern titles that have arrived on PC since the launch of the new consoles.