Sometimes Kickstarter isn’t the answer.

Cult County was one of the releases for 3DS I was looking forward to most personally. I loved Renegade Kid’s other works for the DS (Moon, Dementium 1 and Dementium 2) so when it was announcened that Cult County was skipping the 3DS for other platforms (Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, etc) I was a bit disappointed but excited at the new advances that would be made to bring it to current consoles. Then Renegade Kid even added 3DS back to the Kickstarter campaign, and all seemed well that it would be poised for success.

For some reason however, Cult County in it’s current state was not meant to be. Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid tweeted today about the failing of the campaign.

Jools Watsham @JoolsWatsham
Follow
Cult County kickstarter has ended. 1492 wonderful backers pledged $46,736. Thank you! We did not reach goal. Now discussing other options.
7:53 PM - 2 May 2014

The game did feature a lofty $560,000 goal, but to come up this short is a bit surprising to this editor. Coincidentally, I made a video recently sharing my thoughts (and only my thoughts) on the game. Be sure to check it out below if it interests you.

The fate of Cult County is now back in the hands of Renegade Kid who have to do some soul searching for answers and what actions can be taken to bring Cult County to the hands of gamers. Hopefully they will find a resolution soon.

Link for the video if not working https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvIjcMZ5HE