Frank Underwood, the politician played by Kevin Spacey on the Netflix series House of Cards, has an enthusiasm for gaming, playing on his PlayStation 3 and expressing interest in buying a PlayStation Vita during the show's first season. As soon as he was announced as the star of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, jokes were made about Underwood playing Advanced Warfare on the show--a prospect that developer Sledgehammer Games hopes to actually make happen.

Speaking with Game Informer, Sledgehammer co-founder Michael Condrey said he's already pursued the idea of getting the game on the upcoming season of House of Cards. "I exchanged an email with his [producing partner Dana Brunetti] this week, saying, 'Hey, what would it take to have Frank Underwood playing Advanced Warfare in season three of House of Cards?'" he said.

According to Condrey, the reaction was positive. "They're like, 'Wow, that's awesome.' And we're like, ‘That's awesome!' Because imagine bringing fans full circle there to see that," he said. "I mean how awesome would that be? Wouldn't it just be the craziest thing ever just to go like, ‘Hollywood meets Silicon Valley meets Hollywood.' If we can pull that off."

Sledgehammer's other co-founder, Glen Schofield, mentioned the possibility of Spacey's character in Advanced Warfare mentioning the name of the show, although it's unclear if he was serious about that. He added that Spacey himself--who has served as an executive producer on House of Cards--had mentioned the possibility of playing the game on the show, saying, "I guess I’m going to have to play this game on House of Cards."

Advanced Warfare was announced last week and is being developed by Sledgehammer for release this November on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. (A different studio is handling the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions.) The story centers around the role of private military corporations in the year 2054, with Spacey playing the role of Jonathon Irons, the CEO of a PMC called Atlas Corporation.