Bungie has offered a statement relating somewhat to the massive reports and rumors that appeared earlier this week about the changes made to the recently released Destiny game, and confirms that it wants to improve the online title instead of talking about what happened during its development.

Destiny launched last month and finally delivered its ambitious multiplayer first-person shooter experience across the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One platforms. Unfortunately, while quite a lot of people enjoyed the game, many felt disappointed with the story, the repetitive gameplay, or various other things.

Earlier this week, a big report appeared online, claiming that Destiny had a much better and more fleshed-out plot, but in the middle of 2013, a massive overhaul was made that scrapped plenty of things and led to the resignation of the lead writer.

Bungie speaks out, sort of

Bungie declined to comment at the time, but now, as part of the weekly update on its blog, the studio makes it clear that it doesn't want to talk about rumors and just wants to focus on improving the game.

The studio's Community Manager, David Dague, emphasizes that talking about rumors and gossip won't lead to a better game, so it's pointless to do that now.

"We’ve seen a lot of theories about Bungie on the Internet this week. I understand why that stuff is compelling. The drama of the rumor mill is a symptom of a greater issue: We all want Destiny to be better. The problem is that sifting through gossip in search of truth doesn’t bring us any closer to a stronger game," he explains.

Details might be shared at some point in time

Dague, however, doesn't close the door on details about Destiny's development process, although he makes it clear that he doesn't have the power to decide when such things are discussed. As such, he just wants to keep interacting with the community about the improvements coming to the game.

"I’d rather spend the precious time we have together coming up with ideas for how the game can better support us as a community. I’d rather we look toward the next update. There may come a time when we take a probing look back at the challenges we faced during the development of Destiny, but those won’t be my stories to tell."

Destiny has already received a few updates, and you can bet that more are on the way, as Bungie doesn't want to let fans down.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Bungi...e-460986.shtml