"This is one of the hardest decisions of my career," Raymond says.
Veteran Ubisoft producer Jade Raymond--who worked on franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, and Splinter Cell--has left the French publisher after ten years, it was announced today. Most recently, she served as managing director of Ubisoft Toronto.

"Today, Ubisoft announced that after 10 years of collaboration, the company and Jade Raymond have agreed to pursue future opportunities separately," Ubisoft said in a statement.

Raymond will be replaced by Alexandre Parizeau, a founding member of Ubisoft Toronto, as managing director of the studio.

"I've spent 10 extraordinary years at Ubisoft, and I am proud to have been part of many of the best teams in the industry making truly remarkable games," Raymond said. "This is one of the hardest decisions of my career, but the Toronto studio is strong and on a solid path. I'm confident that now is a good time for me to transition leadership of the studio to Alex and to pursue my other ambitions and new opportunities.

"Stay tuned for more on what's next for me, but for now, I'd like to thank Ubisoft for its partnership through the years, and I wish them the very best in all their next endeavors," she added.

Raymond served as producer on the original Assassin's Creed, and worked as an executive producer on Assassin's Creed II. Other credits include Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. She has served as Ubisoft Toronto's managing director since 2009.

Raymond will officially depart Ubisoft Toronto on October 29, at which time Parizeau will become managing director. Parizeau is a 15-year veteran of the video game industry, and served as senior producer on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and producer on Splinter Cell Conviction and Rainbow Six Vegas.

Parizeau will report directly to Ubisoft Montreal and Toronto CEO Yannis Mallat.

"On behalf of Ubisoft, I'd like to thank Jade for her leadership and many contributions over the years, and wish her all the best in her next adventures," Mallat said. "The Toronto studio is a key part of the Ubisoft global network, and Alex has been at the heart of the studio's growth over the years. He was the obvious choice to lead this talented group of people as they continue to develop amazing games."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ass.../1100-6423063/