[B]When it was first announced back in February, NBC teased the potential for the cast members of "Heroes" to return for "Heroes Reborn." Previously, actress Hayden Panettiere, who played Claire Bennet in the series, revealed she knew nothing about the series. Jack Coleman on the other hand, who played her father on the series, is confirmed to return.

Now, Zachary Quinto, who played the villainous Sylar on the series, has spoken out about potentially returning though he is also uncertain.

"I've been in touch with Tim [Kring, creator] and he told me they were doing this and we left the door open for me to be involved, the trouble is really my availability," Quinto told IGN. "I don’t know that it would really even be possible. And it's a challenge for me because that experience and role and opportunity really changed my life completely and sent me on a path that I might not have otherwise have been on, but at the same time I'm very interested in forward momentum, I'm very interested in expanding and defying people's expectations of me….I don't know that going back to such a definitely iconic character would necessarily do that. So it's a larger question that I haven't had to answer because no one's actually given me an offer. We'll see. I'm glad they're doing it and I know that whether or not I'm involved that the fans will enjoy it."

The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.

With the return of "Heroes Reborn," NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines.

Plot details for the new episodes are being kept under wraps, but the 13 episodes are said to follow a new stand-alone story arc.