You're the Worst's writers are two weeks into writing Season 3, and already have sketched out the upcoming season's arc for main characters Jimmy (Chris Geere), Gretchen (Aya Cash), Edgar (Desmin Borges) and Lindsay (Kether Donohue). Stephen Falk and the cast (with the exception of Donohue, who was in rehearsals for FOX's Grease: Live) previewed what's ahead during the FXX comedy's 2016 winter Television Critics Association panel.

Full spoilers ahead for You're the Worst through the Season 2 finale.

Season 2's finale, "The Heart Is a Dumb Dumb," delivered highs and lows for all of its characters. Gretchen told Jimmy she loved him for the first time after he drunkenly confessed the same sentiment for her. Lindsay and Paul (Allan McLeod) decided to have the baby that they accidentally conceived while they were broken up. And Edgar and his girlfriend Dorothy (Collette Wolfe) decided to continue dating even though they weren't ready to move in together.

"We're going to see a continuum from Season 2. We're trying hard not to top this season in terms of some issue that we're dealing with," Falk told reporters, referencing Gretchen's depression storyline. "I feel like it would feel like we're trying too hard, feel a little sweaty, so we're just continuing with the fallout of last season, always moving the characters forward. Maybe some of them will fall."

Since the writers just started breaking story two weeks ago, Falk cautioned that some of the plans for Season 3 are subject to change. He did say the current plan is to open the new season, which premieres in fall 2016, right from where Season 2's finale left off.

"We thought it would be interesting to start with 'I love you' and literally see what happens when they walk back into the house," Falk said.

Similarly Lindsay's story will pick up "from that moment of regret and see what choices the newly enlightened Lindsay makes" about her pregnancy and new commitment to Paul.

"It's very easy to write her as special needs because not only is it just easy mileage for joke material but she's really good at playing dumb," Falk said. "She was able to come to a place where she made a decision with Paul out of some sort of thought and some sort of maturity, which was a big step for her, a character who doesn't know that she needs to put oil in her car or that Wild isn't a commercial for backpacks."

As Donohue is appearing in Grease: Live, Falk said he does imagine that her new song and dance skills will work their way into Season 3. "I can't help to think it won't have some spillover into the show just by sheer force of her seeing if she can sing and dance," he said. "I can't think we won't have something there."

Season 2 delved into Jimmy's past when his British family showed up on his doorstep. "That was a huge thing," Geere said, adding, "I think there's way more skeletons in his closet, but that was a great thing to not be on top of a situation."

Borges discussed what he hopes is ahead in his arc for Edgar, saying, "He's really in an upward trajectory right now of where he could be. I think we all like to see him happy." He said he hopes Edgar is setting up for a big fall in Season 3 that could explore some darker elements of his PTSD.

Sunday Funday episodes have become You're the Worst's signature, and though Falk previously seemed on the fence about doing another one in Season 3, it's looking more and more likely.

"I think we have the right idea already, so tentative yes," Falk said.