X FACTOR fans have accused the show of silencing Louis Tomlinson during a jokey row with Robbie Williams.

The One Direction star seemed to go quiet after Take That's Robbie complimented boyband United Vibe for being better than both bands.

And fans fumed at how Louis seemingly couldn't respond with them flocking to social media.

One wrote: "They didn’t want Louis and Robbie to have beef on the live show so muted louis’ mic lmao cowards #xfactor"

Another added: "Btw how very dare they turn off Louis' mic just when he was about to drag Robbie and defend 1D???? Rude and disrespectful. Can they not. #XFactor"

It was an action packed night for Louis fans after he left some viewers sobbing in tonight's show.

The singer mentioned his former band One Direction in the past tense in comments about his time in the boyband and said he wanted to move on from the chart-topping boyband.

As part of his preparation for Brendan Murray he told him about his time in One Direction, saying: "I get it, I used to be in a band, you want to move on from it."

And speaking about his band in the past tense was enough to drive viewers to sobs on social media.

One fan wrote: "'I used to be in a band' wow Louis just broke my heart into 36557 pieces #xfactor"

A second added: "I used to be in a band" - Louis Tomlinson just broke my heart #XFactor"

A third commented: "Are my ears not working or did Louis Tomlinson seriously just say 'I was in a band aswell you just wanna get over it' #Xfactor"

Another wrote: "I USED TO BE IN A BAND LOUIS TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW #xfactor"

His comments sparked fears for his fans that One Direction was over for good.

"Louis says he used to be in a band does that mean one direction are not getting back together? #xfactor" said another.

A second added: "Louis nailing shut the #1d coffin there .. “I used to be in a band I get it you want to move on “ #xfactor #XFactorUK"

A third commented: "My hopes of a 1D reunion is slowly going down the drain especially after Louis saying 'I know what you mean I used to be in a band you want to move on from it' #Xfactor"