ROBBIE Williams has revealed he has a 'pact' with wife Ayda Field to try and keep their acts in the The X Factor.

The couple clashed throughout the live shows this weekend but they secretly have a plan to make sure they get at least one act to the final.

Speaking to The Sun Online at The Pride of Britain Awards, the singer said he was shocked his other half had sent the vote to deadlock which lead to his act, LMA Choir, being sent home.

He said: "I found it a shock. I really, really found it a shock.

"I erroneously thought we had 50 per cent of the vote but apparently we don't. It was an unspoken thing."

But the 44-year-old isn't one to hold a grudge, as he admitted Brendan Murray, who was up against the choir, deserved his place.

He continued: "Brendan rocked his performance and he had to go through.

"I do miss the choir terribly and them going home lessens the entertainment factor of the show for me and the beating heart of the house."

Robbie is determined to get his remaining three acts through to the latter stages of the ITV competition, as long as Ayda doesn't keep stealing his song choices.

He explained: "We're very competitive. We were going through song choices yesterday and she pulls the female card. Just no, you can't."

Ayda, 39, said in her defence: "I pushed babies out of my hoohah I mean, come on!"

It was revealed over the weekend just how competitive the judges are this year, and some are so confident one of their acts will win, they have placed bets.

A show insider told The Mirror: “Louis Tomlinson is saying he will double the figure and he will be donating his win to charity.

“The show has never seen this amount of competition between the judges before, they are all set on winning.”

Another source added: “Who knows what lengths they’ll go to, to make sure their contestants make it to the final?

"They all really care about their acts and want the best for them.

"It’s great to see this competitive streak between the panel. They are definitely keeping everyone on their toes.”