WILL Smith has revealed he broke down when he met current wife Jada Pinkett Smith because he realised he was married to the wrong woman.

The actor, 50, said he cried “uncontrollably” in the toilet during a dinner date with his wife at the time, Sheree Zampino, as he felt such a strong connection with Jada.

During the latest episode of Jada’s Facebook Watch series Red Table Talk “Becoming Mr. & Mrs. Smith,” the 50-year-old admitted he experienced “one of the most bizarre emotions” he’d ever had.

He revealed he had a realisation that he wasn’t with the person he was supposed to be with and recalled “crying uncontrollably” in the bathroom.

The actor added that he knew “that there was something in our [his and Jada’s] energy that would be magic” and that Jada, 47, was the woman “I was supposed to be with but I was never getting divorced.”

Will first heard about Jada when she auditioned for a role on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air at 19 years old.

She didn’t get the part but Will discovered she was filming a show called A Different World nearby.

He asked his co-star Alfonso Ribeiro to set them up.

But when the Fresh Prince showed up at the show's recording, he met Sheree instead, who he married in 1992.

The pair welcomed son Trey later that year.

Will also revealed Sheree “hit me hard” when she filed for divorce on Valentine’s Day 1995 and although he was reluctant to sign the documents, she insisted it was because she knew he didn’t love her.

Minutes after signing the papers, Will called Jada and asked her if she was single.

The couple married in 1997 and have two children together, son Jaden, 20, and daughter Willow, 17.

Meanwhile, Jada also revealed she cried as she walked down the aisle on her wedding day to Will.

At the time, she was three months pregnant with Jaden.