CLEVELAND, Ohio -- During the afternoon of July 30, at 1:19 and 1:20 p.m., I received two emails, supposedly from HBO. I receive regular correspondence from the cable network, but the subject line and email address struck me as odd. The subject line says, "1.5 TB of HBO data just leaked!"

I initially dismissed the email as spam. The body of the email has the look of a spam/virus message, and reads as follows:

Hi to all mankind

The greatest leak of cyber space era is happening

What's its name? Oh I forgot to tell. It's Game of Thrones ...... !!!

You are lucky to be the first pioneers to witness and download the leak

Enjoy it and spread the words

Whoever spreads, well we will have an interview with him

HBO is falling

The email also includes a hyperlink, which I didn't click.

HBO has since verified the hack and issued the following statement to Entertainment Weekly:

"HBO recently experienced a cyber incident, which resulted in the compromise of proprietary information. We immediately began investigating the incident and are working with law enforcement and outside cybersecurity firms. Data protection is a top priority at HBO, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect the data we hold."

Entertainment Weekly further reports that hackers have allegedly posted upcoming episodes of "Ballers" and "Room 104" online, and either a script or treatment of the upcoming fourth episode of "Game of Thrones," titled "The Spoils of War." The hackers have also threatened that more is coming soon.

Time will tell.

This isn't the first run-in "Game of Thrones" has had with leaks. Back in 2015, a media screener of the first four episodes of Season 5 was posted to BitTorrent prior to the premiere date. In turn, HBO discontinued the issuance of media screeners.