One of the most difficult aspects of crafting a superhero movie comes in the creation of the costume. Not only must it appear faithful to the source material, but it must also prove comfortable for the performer inside of it. Cinematic superhero costumes have come a long way over the years, but they still sometimes present problems. Gal Gadot found that out the hard way when her outfit from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Wonder Woman literally took her breath away the first time she wore it.

During a recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, actress Gal Gadot opened up about portraying Wonder Woman, and described the struggle that the character’s costume presented:
I walked into this huge hangar filled with images of me as Wonder Woman, which was surreal… Then they got me into the fitting room and tried on the costume. And I was so happy and so grateful for being there and doing this role that I didn’t say anything about the fact it was so tight, I literally could not breathe.
So while she couldn’t be happier to have the opportunity to portray the character of Diana Prince a.k.a Wonder Woman, the early fittings of the costume weren’t exactly the most comfortable. The outfit proved so form fitting that the actress almost passed out because she couldn’t breathe. It seems like the costume designers eventually figured out the issues; based on what we’ve seen from Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and her upcoming solo movie, the character will be highly acrobatic, and has no problem pulling off immense feats of athleticism.

Jimmy Kimmel would go on to compare Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman costume to that of Ben Affleck’s Batman, or Henry Cavill’s Superman. Drawing comparisons between the three, he questioned whether or not the Israeli actress felt exposed in her superhero garb. Gadot merely responded that she didn’t feel exposed, but she definitely felt cold in the getup – to which Kimmel agreed that Wonder Woman likely would look odd wearing a parka.

Check out Gal Gadot’s appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! below to see what she had to say about the experience:

Despite all of the problems associated with the early days of the costume, we have to say we think the designers pretty much nailed it. Wonder Woman looks amazing, and we have a sneaking suspicion that Gal Gadot will kill it as Diana Prince. We will just have to wait and see what happens when Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice premieres on March 25.

https://youtu.be/QA8pQMJrcNY