The Aquaman Blu-ray, DVD and Digital release is on the way this March. We’ve already learned the release will feature a Shazam! sneak peek and other special features, but if you were hoping for a commentary track from James Wan you may not be happy about the set. That’s because James Wan revealed he hasn’t done a commentary track since his Saw days. Here’s what the director had to say about commentary in relation to his new superhero release:

I don’t do commentary track[s]. Haven’t done one since my Saw days. I believe in retaining a little bit of filmmaking mystery still. (Already plenty of ‘behind-the-scenes/making ofs.’)

Per what James Wan had to say on Twitter, the director is thoroughly uninterested in sitting in a room for the duration of a 2+ hour movie and revealing a slew of “making of” secrets and stories about that movie. He likes the “mystery” of movie magic and wants to keep his work close to the vest.

Commentary tracks are generally for the die hard fans anyway, the ones who want to immerse themselves in and engage with a slew of facts related to how a movie got made. These movie buffs will likely have other forums for gleaning facts related to the movie.

And anyway, the whole purpose of owning a copy of a movie is to revisit the actual movie whenever you want. The Digital release for Aquaman will be coming in just a few short weeks on March 5. A 4K, Blu-ray and DVD release will happen a little later, starting on March 26.

A previously rumored look at Shazam! has also been confirmed by Warner Bros. James Wan also gets his own featurette on the Blu-ray and DVD called “James Wan: World Builder.” Other extras include “Scene Study Breakdowns” (which sound like they could be short mini-versions of commentary), Atlantis-oriented content and more. You can take a look below.

Going Deep Into the World of Aquaman
Becoming Aquaman
James Wan: World Builder
Aqua Tech
Atlantis Warfare
The Dark Depths of Black Manta
Heroines of Atlantis
Villainous Training
Kingdoms of the Seven Seas
Creating Undersea Creatures
A Match Made in Atlantis
Scene Study Breakdowns