Roadside Attractions and Miramax have joined forces for the film directed by Kevin Macdonald.

Whitney, Kevin Macdonald’s documentary about the life and career of Whitney Houston, will be released July 6 in the United States, it was announced today by Roadside Attractions and Miramax, which have teamed up to release the film.

Executive producers Altitude Film Entertainment is handling international sales and its distribution arm will release the film, produced by Lightbox and Lisa Erspamer Entertainment, in the U.K. and Ireland also on July 6.

The film has received the support of the late singer’s estate and will include previously unreleased recordings, rare never-before-seen footage and live performances recorded by Houston at various stages her life, as well as original studio recordings and a capellas of some of the late singer’s hits. The film also contains personal home movie footage that has never been seen publicly before, offering a rare glimpse of Whitney’s life behind-the-scenes.

“I approached Whitney’s life like a mystery story; why did someone with so much raw talent and beauty self-destruct so publicly and painfully? I was lucky enough to have the support of Pat Houston and the Whitney Houston estate in this quest. They entrusted me with the ‘keys to the vault’ while giving me complete freedom to follow the story wherever it went. At heart, Whitney is an intimate family story that reveals a new side to a woman that even her most die-hard fans never knew,” said Macdonald, whose previous films have included Marley and Touching the Void.

Macdonald, Simon Chinn, his Lightbox co-founder Jonathan Chinn and Happy Street Entertainment co-founder Lisa Erspamer produced the film. Patricia Houston, Nicole David, Zanne Devine, Rosanne Korenberg, Joe Patrick, and Altitude Film Entertainment’s Will Clarke, Andy Mayson and Mike Runagall executive produced.

Whitney is the third collaboration between Roadside Attractions and Miramax. The two companies previously partnered on 2015’s Mr. Holmes and Southside With You. Along with the U.S., Miramax has also acquired rights for more than a dozen territories for Whitney, including Canada, Latin America, China, CIS, and Benelux.