Laurie Holden has exited NBC’s upcoming medical drama Chicago Med, EW has learned.

A spin-off of both Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D., Chicago Med is an emotional thrill ride through the day-to-day chaos of the city’s most explosive hospital, following the courageous team of doctors who hold it together.
The Walking Dead alum appeared in the show’s backdoor pilot on Chicago Fire last season, playing Dr. Hannah Tramble, an ER surgeon with a dark edge.
“It was Laurie’s decision to opt out of the series,” said a spokesperson in a statement on behalf of Wolf Films, Universal Television and NBC. “We are sorry to see her go. We are currently casting additional new roles which we hope to have confirmed very soon.”
Holden’s role will not be recast. Instead, the show is currently casting for three more female roles — an emergency pediatrician, a charge nurse and a young, first-year resident.
“I am so grateful to Dick Wolf, my fellow cast members, NBC and the entire Chicago Med team for their understanding,” Holden says. “Sometimes we must make tough choices and, for family reasons, not doing Chicago Med is one of those for me at this time. I know the show is going to be a huge success and I’ll be watching.”
The series, which hails from Wolf and Matt Olmstead, stars Oliver Platt, S. Epatha Merkerson, Nick Gehlfuss, Yaya Dacosta, Brian Tee and Colin Donnell.
Chicago Med is slated to premiere Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.