PSYCHIC medium John Edward made contact with Princess Diana when he entered the jungle for a cameo appearance on I’m a Celeb, but not everyone was convinced.

Hosts Dr Chris Brown and Julia Morris told viewers that Edward was adamant he didn’t want to know anything about the celebrities or even the show in advance so that he couldn’t be accused of researching them.

After his surprise arrival in camp, the psychic medium sat down with the group of celebs to give them a reading, although boxer Danny Green made it clear from the outset that he wan’t interested in taking part.

Not long into the segment, Edward said that “there is somebody coming through who died in a car accident”.

Paul Burrell, who used to be Princess Diana’s butler, suggested the person coming through could be reaching out to him.

“Were there two car accidents?” Edward asked. “I’m feeling there were two accidents … One was tragic.”

“Yes, there were!” Burrell replied. “You couldn’t possibly know that.”

It was revealed later in the show by Burrell that Diana had a minor accident once when driving alone late at night.

As Edward continued his reading, he told Burrell that the person coming through (presumably Princess Diana) wanted to congratulate him for getting married and that the validation he so badly wants from his family and friends is never going to come.

“Why did you change the photo?” Edward asked Burrell cryptically. “You moved the photo.”

“That’s personal,” Burrell said, before adding that he did it to “protect somebody”. He never explained what the photo was of.

Burrell was then in shock as Edward described small details from Princess Diana’s bedroom.

“I walk into a room, think all wood panels and books,” the psychic medium said.

“Piano over to one side. If I go into that room, [there’s] a small glass bird.”

“You are right,” Burrell said, later saying in the Tok-Toki, “he could not have known about a glass Lalique in the Princess’s room, impossible”.

Edward continued.

“Your friend wants to tell you that the dream where she came to you in the royal blue dress was real.”

Burrell once again recoiled in shock and later said to the camera in the Tok-Toki, “I do have a dream of me sitting alone wit the Princess … and she is wearing a blue dress … I’ve never told anybody about that particular dream”.

Edward finished the reading by saying, “I am supposed to acknowledge the fact that when we lose somebody, sometimes that passing becomes what people define them as … you need to honour who the person was … what they did”.

After the experience, Burrell said in the Tok-Toki that Edward “left me thinking maybe there is something there”. But some viewers weren’t convinced and mocked Edward’s reading on social media.