New video footage shows Arnold Schwarzenegger being attacked from behind at a sporting event in South Africa. The 71-year-old former California governor was talking with fans and participants of the event when the unfortunate attack took place. The entire ordeal was caught on camera, and from multiple angles too.

The former politician and Terminator star is the founder of The Arnold Sport Festival, which encompasses annual sporting events in the US, Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, Spain, and South Africa. Each may, the Arnold Classic Africa takes place in Johannesburg, Gauteng, and like the others, this event includes professional and amateur bodybuilding contests, strength and combat sports, and more. Youth are also typically included in the events. This is where Schwarzenegger was when the attack occurred.

Schwarzenegger was greeting fans and taking photos when someone decided to drop-kick him in the back. Daniel Barnard posted the video in a Twitter forum, which shows an attendee approach Schwarzenegger with a flying kick to the back before hitting the floor, and being tackled by security. Arnold appears to fall forward in the video, but another video taken at a different angle reveals that Schwarzenegger barely moved an inch, and the attacker was likely the more injured party. This follow-up video is captioned, "#Wasted #Meme the dude hit a wall," referring to how the attacker appears to have completely bounced off of Schwarzenegger's back. In other words, the offense literally backfired on the assailant.

Schwarzenegger tweeted soon after, "Thanks for your concerns, but there is nothing to worry about. I thought I was just jostled by the crowd, which happens a lot. I only realized I was kicked when I saw the video like all of you." By the look of it, he doesn't seem to be fazed by the situation in the slightest, adding that he hadn't even realized he was kicked in the first place. In another tweet, he urges fans to focus their attention on the athletes, rather than on the attack, saying, "We have 90 sports here in South Africa at the @.ArnoldSports, and 24,000 athletes of all ages and abilities inspiring all of us to get off the couch. Let's put this spotlight on them." It sounds like he has already moved on and is ready to get back to the sporting event. However, the internet doesn't seem interested in forgetting the attack as quickly as he would hope.

The Twitter video in question currently has over 153K views, 2,362 retweets, and 2,075 likes. This may not be the kind of attention Schwarzenegger wants for Arnold Classic Africa, but the unlikely attack is bringing in viewers that otherwise may have been unaware of the sporting event's existence. Schwarzenegger will be returning in the 2019 sequel Terminator: Dark Fate, a direct follow-up to Terminator 2: Judgment Day, which will ignore all previous follow-ups in the franchise. If today's actions revealed anything, it's that Schwarzenegger is still a force to be reckoned with.