CHLOE Sims has revealed that the Towie Christmas special was axed at the "last minute".

The ITVBe reality show has had a festive episode every year since it launched in 2010.

However, bosses are forgoing the tradition in 2018.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun Online, Towie favourite Chloe explained: "There is no Towie Christmas special this year, which is sad."

She added that she'll instead go on holiday with her 12-year-old daughter, sharing: "I'm planning to go to New York with Maddie.

"It will probably be last minute but I can't wait."

A show insider confirmed the news to The Sun Online, adding: "The current series of Towie has been extended to 11 episodes and as a result there will be no Christmas special."

The show's publicists have been contacted for comment.

Chloe had one of the central plot lines for last year's festive special, with the 36-year-old reality star fixing her close friendship with Pete Wicks in the episode.

The pair decided they could no longer be friends after his ex Megan McKenna accused them of cheating.

Both Pete and Megan froze Chloe out of their lives.

However, last Christmas the two got back on track - with Pete and Chloe becoming so close they even sparked romance rumours.

The 36-year-old reality star is currently single and taking part on E4's Celebs Go Dating.

In our exclusive chat, Chloe confessed that how "picky" she is can be a hindrance when it comes to settling down.

She told us: "It's time for me to find love but I am really picky, I won't just settle.

"When you have been in love before you have expectations.

"People think I am short of a date but my DM box is full of messages with people wanting to take me out but that's not the point.

"I want something that is real. Doing the juggle being a mum is tough too so I don't want to bring just anyone home."

Last week, Chloe moved fans when she broke down in tears as she opened up about her personal life in Celebs Go Dating.

The star's mum abandoned her when she was just three and Chloe believes this is why she comes across as guarded.

Chloe also recalled the moment her boyfriend of 10 years left her heartbroken in the emotional chat.

The mother-of-one started to cry as she shared intimate details about her personal life, revealing: "My mum left when was young, so I didn’t know her.

"I did have a little bit of therapy and they said: 'Every time someone leaves you, you'll go back to being that child again.'"

She added: "I met somebody who I really loved and I was on and off with him for 10 years, and he left.

"I literally tried everything, I changed, I did everything to fit around him and it didn’t work out.

"I don’t even know why I’m getting upset, it’s because I’ve not ever been able to get over him and between that there’s been lot of s***, loads. But it is what it is, isn’t it?"

The star added: "I had it and I lost it and now no-one's going to live up to him. I had it - I just don’t know if you meet someone twice in a lifetime."

Chloe previously opened up about her mum in her 2012 autobiography The Only Way Is Up.

She wrote at the time: "I have so few memories of mum that I can barely even remember her face.

"I'll never know why she left and we've not seen her since.

"What sort of woman just walks out and leaves her child?

"I don't think what happened that day will ever sink in.

"Why mum left me, I'll never know. As far as I'm concerned I will never meet her."

Chloe had daughter Madison when she was 24 and her father's identity has never been publicly revealed.

The star was with him for over seven years but previously confessed that he is not the mystery man who she was in love with.