Tom Holland has opened up about who he’d want to play Sully in Sony’s Uncharted film, mentioning big names like Jake Gyllenhaal and Chris Pratt. If there’s been one video game adaptation that Hollywood has truly struggled to get made throughout the years, it’s been Uncharted. After cycling through multiple different scripts and filmmakers, though, it looks like the Uncharted adaptation is finally starting to get some traction behind the scenes at the studio again, this time with Arrival and Stranger Things producer, Shawn Levy signed on as the film’s director.

Of course, there can be no Uncharted movie without Nathan Drake as its lead character. So after many years of fans speculatively throwing out their choices for the role, it was finally revealed just a few days ago that Spider-Man breakout star, Tom Holland, would be playing a young Nathan Drake in the film. Drake won’t be the only iconic character from the franchise making an appearance from the adaptation either, and Holland has officially commented on who he’d want to see play the role of Drake’s mentor/partner-in-crime, Victor “Sully” Sullivan.

During a recent Facebook Live Q&A with Yahoo! Movies, Holland talked about how excited he is to be playing the role of Nathan Drake in the film. And after teasing the conversations he had with Sony’s Tom Rothman and Levy about telling Drake’s origin story on the big screen, Holland threw out two very promising names for who he hopes will play Sully in the film:

“I think Jake Gyllenhaal could be really cool. But I actually went to the Jurassic World 2 film set the other day to visit my friend who’s directing it and Chris Pratt is on that film, who I’ve become very good friends with over the last few months. I think he would be a great Sully, I think it could be cool. Because if it was an older movie, I would say that Chris should play Nathan, but I think he would be a cool Sully, and I love working with Chris, so if I could work with Chris some more that would be great.”

Jake Gyllenhaal is an exciting choice to play Sully because of not only the actor’s immense talents but also because of how different of a role it would be for him to take on. It’s interesting, however, that Holland mentioned Pratt for the role since – as he hints at here – the Jurassic World star was one of the most popular names rumored for the role over the past few years. It’s for that very reason, in fact, that he could make a good Sully in this particular Uncharted prequel, playing the person that eventually helped turn Nathan Drake into being the famous treasure hunter he’s most well-known as.

It’s hard to know if either actor would be interested in taking on the role. Pratt already has his fair share of big titles and franchises to worry about, while Gyllenhaal’s last attempt at bringing a famous video game character to life with 2009’s Prince of Persia, is one of the more notable failures in his otherwise impressive filmography. At the same time, Shawn Levy is, by any and all standards, a big draw in the industry right now, and with an exciting new star like Tom Holland attached as its lead, there’s more than a few reasons for someone like Pratt or Gyllenhaal to consider signing on to the project. Only time will tell.

http://screenrant.com/uncharted-movi...l-sully-actor/