Tom Cruise is a bad soldier. But thanks to training from Emily Blunt, he’s gonna learn to be a really good fighter. Of course, it helps that he’s stuck in a kind of “Groundhog Day” time loop where he keeps reliving the same day over and over again. That’s actually the major plot twist in the original book that Doug Liman’s “Edge of Tomorrow” is based on, but apparently it’s being used as the film’s major selling point. I think it kinda works, so I don’t blame them.

Check out the latest trailer for “Edge of Tomorrow” below. Emily Blunt has never looked more badass. I mean, look at that giant sword. Damn. That’s giant.

Major William Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.

Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton, Noah Taylor, Kick Gurry, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Jonas Armstrong, Franz Drameh, Masayoshi Haneda, and Tony Way.

Tommy learns to fight this June 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI