Timothée Chalamet is donating his salary for Woody Allen’s upcoming film to three charities, including #TimesUp. As the #meToo and #TimesUp movements continue to advance in Hollywood and elsewhere, one figure whose name has come up over and over again is Allen’s. The prolific writer/director, as part of the scandal in the early 1990s when he split with longtime partner Mia Farrow and took up with her daughter Soon-Yi, was accused back then of having molested his daughter, Dylan Farrow, although he was never charged with a crime. Allen has continued to direct around a movie a year ever since, often with huge talent working with him.

In the last couple of years, as the issue of sexual abuse has risen to the forefront, the Allen issue has frequently been revisited. Dylan Farrow went public again with her claims in 2014, with Allen later writing an op-ed proclaiming his innocence. Last year, Allen and Farrow’s son Ronan Farrow, now a journalist, broke several stories for The New Yorker related to accusations by prominent actresses against Harvey Weinstein, with Ronan stating in interviews that his support of his sister was part of what brought him to the issue, and also why many sources trusted him. Now, pressure is being brought on actors who have worked with Allen.

Chalamet, the young actor who delivered acclaimed performances in 2017 in both Call Me By Your Name and Lady Bird , has announced that he plans to donate the salary he earned in Allen’s next film, which is titled A Rainy Day in New York. The undisclosed amount of money, according to Deadline, will be spread out across three charities: Time’s Up, the LGBT Center in New York, and RAINN (the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network.) Two other actors from the film, Rebecca Hall and Griffin Newman, had earlier announced they would donate their salaries as well.

Chalamet announced the donations on his personal Instagram account:

I am learning that a good role isn’t the only criteria for accepting a job — that has become much clearer to me in the past few months, having witnessed the birth of a powerful movement intent on ending injustice, inequality and above all, silence… I have been asked in a few recent interviews about my decision to work on a film with Woody Allen last summer. I’m not able to answer the question directly because of contractual obligations. But what I can say is this: I don’t want to profit from my work on the film, and to that end, I am going to donate my entire salary to three charities
As the list of Hollywood figures accused of sexual misconduct grows longer and longer, the pressure on actors to not work with those accused is likely to grow as well. Chalamet’s decision may lead to some awkwardness when it comes time to promote the film, but the actor is on such a meteoric rise that it seems unlikely to hurt his career in any way.

The question must be raised, though, of whether Allen’s career can survive the #metoo movement. Will actors refuse to work with him? Allen’s movies have often relied on esoteric, often foreign funding schemes – will that funding dry up? Will A Rainy Day in New York end up as this iconic filmmaker’s last movie?

A Rainy Day in New York is slated to be released at some time in 2018.