Martin McDonagh's film won three awards on the night.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, whichwent into the London Critics' Circle Film Awards in the lead with seven nominations, went home with a trio of gongs on Sunday night in the British capital.

The dark comedy claimed the film of the year prize, plus actress of the year for Frances McDormand and scriptwriter of the year for its director and writer Martin McDonagh.

Elsewhere, there was a solid spread of winners.

Timothee Chalamet was named actor of the year for Call Me by Your Name, Sean Baker earned director of the year honors for The Florida Project and Dunkirk was tapped as British/Irish film of the year.

Chalamet, who beat out the likes of Gary Oldman and Daniel Day-Lewis, thanked his "tongue wrestling partner, Armie Hammer" upon collecting the award.

In the British/Irish actress of the year category, Sally Hawkins won for The Shape of Water, Maudie and Paddington 2, with Daniel Kaluuya coming away with the best Britsh/Irish actor of the year prize for Get Out.

Earlier on the night, Hugh Grant was named best supporting actor for Paddington 2, while Phantom Thread's Lesley Manville won the best supporting actress award.

"Well, that's ludicrous. First Brexit, then Trump, now me winning, it really is the end of days," said Grant in reference to his win.

Raoul Peck's I Am Not Your Negro claimed the best documentary honor; Elle won in the foreign-language film category; and the young British/Irish performer award went to Harris Dickinson for his lead role in Beach Rats.

For his debut feature, the indie hit God's Own Country, Francis Lee won the breakthrough British/Irish filmmaker prize.

The London Critics' Circle honors closed with Kate Winslet being presented with the Dilys Powell Award for excellence in film, which was given to her by her Holiday co-star Jude Law.