https://imagecurl.com/images/53845596856368208044.jpg

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Netflix has partnered up with Skydance to develop a brand new anime series based on James Cameron’s sci-fi action film franchise The Terminator . The Batman co-writer Mattson Tomlin is attached to executive produce. This marks Tomlin and the streamer’s latest collaboration after working together on last year’s superpowers film Project Power , which starred Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

“Anyone who knows my writing knows I believe in taking big swings and going for the heart,” Tomlin said in a statement. “I’m honored that Netflix and Skydance have given me the opportunity to approach Terminator in a way that breaks conventions, subverts expectations and has real guts.”

The long-running Terminator franchise started with James Cameron’s 1984 The Terminator which featured Arnold Schwarzenegger as a cyborg assassin tasked to go back to the past to kill Linda Hamilton’s Sarah Connor due to her future part in the salvation of mankind. This film has launched Schwarzenegger into a pop culture icon, making him a full-fledged action star.

Click here to purchase the original 1984 film here!

The original was then followed by Terminator 2: Judgment Day which was the most popular installment due its box office and critical success. It also won five out of six Oscars nominations including Best Cinematograhy and Best Film Editing. The latest installment was last 2019’s Terminator: Dark Fate featuring the return of the Schwarzenegger and Hamilton. However, it underperformed in the box office and wasn’t able to meet expectations.

“Terminator is one of the most iconic sci-fi stories ever created–and has only grown more relevant to our world over time. The new animated series will explore this universe in a way that has never been done before.” Netflix’s VP of Japan and Anime, John Derderian said.

The Terminator anime series will be produced by Production I.G., the animation studio behind Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 . On top of executive producing, Tomlin will also serve as a showrunner.

Source : Comingsoon